Problem solving skills are a key CBT technique for clients to learn and use. This course takes delegates through a range of evidence based problem solving techniques to incorporate into their practice. Starting with D'Zurilla and Goldfried’s classic approach to problem solving, this course outlines and explores a wide range of additional problem solving techniques that can be effectively used with clients.
This course will be interesting and useful to therapists working in different clinical fields with a variety of clients, using a broad range of therapeutic modalities, not exclusively to those who practise CBT.
Issues covered include:
- How a client’s arousal level affects their problem solving ability and what can be done about it.
- How D'Zurilla and Goldfried’s classic approach to problem solving still influences the field.
- How to use Kepner-Tregoe Problem Analysis with clients to generate new solutions to problems.
- A range of problem solving techniques that enable your client to alter their relationship with their problem.
- Case studies illustrating the practical use of techniques and lots of practice opportunities, both individually and in pairs.
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Paul Grantham, is a clinical psychologist with extensive NHS, Social Services and training experience. He has written on a range of therapy and helping issues. An extensively informed, clinically experienced and humorous speaker he is known for his emphasis on the practicalities rather than just the theory of client-based work. Paul is a founder and Director of SDS Ltd and one of the most popular and inspirational tutors in the field of psychological skills training.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Worldwide.
Individual Training Pack 2 CPD hours – £39.95