Dr. Barkley provides detailed, current information on the nature, diagnosis, and causes of ADHD in children, teens, and adults. He presents a comprehensive theory of ADHD that provides a more indepth view of the disorder. This includes new and improved guidelines for the clinical management of ADHD.
Dr. Barkley also discusses advances in the scientific knowledge of ADHD and their exciting implications for optimizing effective treatment for children, teens and self-referred adults.
Dr. Barkley also discusses the science-based treatments available for ADHD including: treatment modifications related to comorbidity, treatment of life-course impairments evident in follow-up research, home and school behavioural management methods, and medications used for the disorder.
Key Learning Points:
- The nature of ADHD, clinically useful subtypes, and the diagnostic criteria and its adjustment for special populations
- The causes of ADHD and their implications for management of the disorder
- The developmental course of ADHD, the comorbid disorder with which it is associated, the impairments it may produce in various major life activities, and their implications for treatment planning
- The common comorbid disorders seen with childhood and adult ADHD and how they impact treatment planning
- A new theoretical framework from which to understand ADHD as a developmental disorder of self-regulation, providing tremendous insight into the nature of the disorder and treatment planning.
- The nature of ADHD in self-referred adults diagnosed in adulthood, their comorbid disorders, and impairments in major life activities.
- How to assess ADHD in children and adults
- The science-based approaches to the management of ADHD in children & adults: parent counselling, parent training, classroom management, adult treatment & workplace accommodations, and recommended medications for children & adults.
Distributor Note: This material has been assessed with the following results:
Educational Value – Outstanding; Sound Quality – Excellent; Video Quality – Fair.
As the seminar was recorded live, the picture is not always of the best quality due to the lack of lighting. To make the best use of the slides it is advised to print out the seminar handouts that are included in the free CD-ROM. Despite the above, the overall educational value of this product is excellent and it is recommended for distribution.
About Russell Barkley, Ph.D.
Dr. Barkley received his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Bowling Green State University. He is currently a Clinical Professor of Psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Barkley is a Diplomate in Clinical Psychology (ABPP), Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, and Clinical Neuropsychology (ABCN, ABPP). He is a scientist, educator, and practitioner who has authored and co-authored numerous books, clinical manuals, and scientific papers related to ADHD. Dr. Barkley is the founder and editor of The ADHD Report (Guilford), a newsletter for clinical professionals. He has received numerous awards for his research career in child development and efforts to educate the public and other professionals about the science of ADHD. Dr. Barkley has presented more than 700 invited workshops and scientific presentations across the world. He has appeared on numerous TV programs including 60 Minutes, the Today Show, Good Morning America, and CNN Sunday Morning.
Amazon Bestsellers from Dr Russell Barkley.
This is an Organisational (Group) Version and can be used for groups and training purposes.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Worldwide.
Organisational Training Pack - £210.00