Mindfulness & awareness of the present moment with acceptance is a deceptively simple way of relating to experience that has been practiced for over 2,500 years to alleviate human suffering. Recently, mental health professionals are enthusiastically discovering that mindfulness holds great promise for their own personal development and as a way to enhance therapeutic relationships. It is also the central ingredient in a great number of new empirically validated treatments, and is proving to be a remarkably powerful technique to augment virtually every form of psychotherapy.
This 2 day (12 hours) seminar is designed to help clinicians use mindfulness practice to enhance their therapeutic presence and personal well-being, as well as to design mindfulness-based interventions for their clients or patients
After this seminar, you will learn:
- The three core components of mindfulness practice; The experience of mindfulness practices;
- Specifically how therapists can best choose which mindfulness exercises are most appropriate for which patients; How the “self” is understood differently in western and Buddhist psychology;
- How mindfulness practices can enhance therapeutic and other intimate relationships;
- The core attitude toward experience found in depression and how mindfulness practice can help to transform it; The mechanisms that maintain anxiety disorders and how these can be altered using mindfulness practice; The core dynamic of chronic back pain and other psycho-physiological disorders and how mindfulness practice can help in its relief
Brief Course Outline:
- Understanding and Practicing Mindfulness
- Key Insights from Mindfulness Practice
- Mindfulness and Intimacy: Using Mindfulness to Enhance Intimate Relationships
- Mindfulness and the Science of Happiness
- Fitting the Practice to the Person: Empirically Tested Mindfulness-Based Treatments
- Practices for Specific Populations & Disorders: Mindfulness for Parents and Children; Depression
- Working with Fear: Overcoming Anxiety by Befriending Fear; CBT on Steroids: The Wisdom of Insecurity; Why Zebras Don’t Get Ulcers: Our Evolutionary Design Flaw
- Mindfulness and Mind-Body Disorders: Beyond Pain Management: Mindfulness in the Treatment of Chronic Pain; Using Mindfulness to Treat Stress-Related Problems; Psychophysiological Disorders as Doors to Personal Development
1. Mindfulness in Psychotherapy: Tailoring the Practice to the Person 2 Day Seminar with Dr Ronald D. Siegel – 8 DVD Set (Individual Version)
2. Mindfulness in Psychotherapy: Tailoring the Practice to the Person 2 Day Seminar with Dr Ronald D. Siegels – Individual Training Programme (12 CPD Hours) – 8 DVD Set, CD-ROM with seminar materials, Certificate of Completion.
3. Mindfulness in Psychotherapy: Tailoring the Practice to the Person 2 Day Seminar with Dr Ronald D. Siegel – Organisational Training Programme – 8 DVD Set, CD-ROM with seminar materials, Group License.
4. Mindfulness in Psychotherapy: Tailoring the Practice to the Person 2 Day Seminar with Dr Ronald D. Siegel – 8 Audio CD (Individual Version)
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Dr Ronald D. Siegel earned his Psy.D. in clinical psychology from Rutgers University in 1983. Currently he is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychology at Harvard Medical School, where he has taught for over 30 years.
Dr Ronald D. Siegel is a long time student of mindfulness meditation and serves on the Board of Directors and faculty of the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy. He teaches internationally about mindfulness, psychotherapy, and mind/body treatment. He has also worked for many years in community mental health with inner city children and families, and maintains a private clinical practice.
A contributor to many publications about mindfulness and psychotherapy, he is also a co-director of the annual Harvard Medical School Conference on Meditation and Psychotherapy.
Dr Ronald D. Siegel is known as an engaging and entertaining presenter whose workshops regularly receive rave reviews.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Worldwide.
For training on Mindfulness visit: http://skillsdevelopment.co.uk/seminars.php?courseid=130
Individual Training Pack No CPD hours – £109.25