Therapy and spirituality? Many therapists have been taught that they shouldn’t be mixed. In this workshop, however, you will learn how spirituality and therapy are inextricably bound and how to use spirituality with even the most challenging cases.
Through lecture, case examples, poetry, music and clear handouts, participants will learn new therapeutic tools and ideas that respectfully work with each client’s sense of spirituality.
Participants will be able to describe:
- A clear, practical model for using spirituality
- How to use spirituality in therapy without imposing or intruding
- How to do a rapid spiritual assessment
- How to tap into spiritual resources to solve serious and previously intractable problems (even with agnostic, difficult or skeptical clients)
- The research on spirituality, therapy and mental health
Spirituality in Therapy?
- What does spirituality have to do with therapy?
- Ways to access spirituality
- Research on the value of spirtuality
Including Spiritual Sensibilities Into Therapy
- Spiritual Assessments
- How people get alienated, lose meaning &purpose
The PDM: a Taxonomy for the Total Personality
Developing the Inclusive Self
- Sitting with darkness
- Acknowledgement & possibility
The Spiritual Basis for Therapy
- A Grace Model of Therapy
- Changing and doing the content of the problem
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Bill O’Hanlon received his M.S. degree in 1978 where he specialized in Marital/Family Therapy. He worked in a variety of community mental health centres and later established his own organization for clinical practice, outpatient therapy, supervision, and training. He is a Licensed Mental Health Professional, Marriage and Family Therapist and Certified Professional Counsellor. Bill was a pioneer in developing brief solution-oriented therapy and the founder of possibility and inclusive therapies. He has authored or co-authored 28 books, some of which have been translated into as many as nine languages. Since 1977 Bill has taught over 2000 therapy seminars around the world. Participants at each of these programs gave Bill very high evaluations. He is rated among the most effective and engaging presenters in the field.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Worldwide.
Individual Training Pack CPD 6 hours – £91.94