This 6-hour seminar will provide you with a radical new approach to working with couples and healing interpersonal wounds. Presented by a Clinical Psychologist and a best-selling author Dr Janis Abrahms Spring, this seminar gives you multitude of new ideas on how to earn and give forgiveness and move forward in a physically and emotionally healthy ways.
Suitable for therapists working in a couples therapy field as well as for personal use this seminar is lively, stimulating and extremely informative.
Key Learning Points:
- Assumptions about what it means to forgive
- Why current models of forgiveness offend so many
- Why narcissists refuse to forgive and others forgive too easily
- A radical, new alternative which allows hurt parties to become physically and emotionally healthy—without forgiving an unapologetic offender
- Concrete guidelines for helping offenders (such as unfaithful partners) earn forgiveness
- Guidelines for helping hurt parties foster forgiveness
- Assumptions About What It Means to Forgive: Is forgiveness good for us? Is forgiveness a private gift or an interpersonal exchange?
- Cheap Forgiveness & Refusing to Forgive: Why narcissists refuse to forgive? Why others forgive too easily? Why refusing to forgive and forgiving too cheaply are unhealthy?
- Acceptance - A Radical Alternative:
What hurt parties can do to heal themselves, including: Release their obsessive preoccupation with the injury and need for revenge; Frame the offender’s mistreatment in terms of the offender’s personal damage and life stresses; Correct misperceptions about the offender and the offense; Challenge their official story about their innocence; Forge a relationship with offenders that serves their best interests
- Genuine Forgiveness
What offenders must do to earn forgiveness, including:Challenge the assumptions that block their ability to make meaningful repairs; Bear witness to the pain they caused; Make an effective apology; Seek to understand their behaviour so they never repeat the transgression; Work to earn back trust
- An Experiential Exercise
What hurt parties can do to foster forgiveness
1. "Don't ask me to forgive you!" A Radical Approach to Healing Interpersonal Wounds (4 DVD) – Individual Version
2. "Don't ask me to forgive you!" A Radical Approach to Healing Interpersonal Wounds – 6 CPD Hours – Individual Training Programme Includes: 4 DVD Set, CD-ROM with seminar materials, Certificate of Completion for 6 CPD Hours
3. "Don't ask me to forgive you!" A Radical Approach to Healing Interpersonal Wounds - ORGANISATIONAL – Organisational Training Programme Includes: 4 DVD Set, CD-ROM with seminar materials, Group License
4. "Don't ask me to forgive you!" A Radical Approach to Healing Interpersonal Wounds – 4 Audio CD - Individual Version
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Dr. Spring is a Clinical Psychologist and an internationally acclaimed expert on issues of trust, intimacy, and forgiveness. She is the author of the award-winning books, After the Affair: Healing The Pain and Rebuilding Trust When a Partner has Been Unfaithful (Amazon’s number 1 best seller in the category of couples and family therapy); How Can I Forgive You? The Courage to Forgive, The Freedom Not To; and her latest, Life with Pop: Lessons on Caring for an Aging Parent.
In private practice for 35 years, Dr. Spring is a recipient of the Connecticut Psychological Association’s Award for Distinguished Contribution to the Practice of Psychology, and former clinical supervisor in the Dept. of Psychology at Yale University.
The originality and clinical richness of her work make her a popular media guest on programs such as NPR, GOOD Morning America, and SirusXM Radio.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Worldwide.
Individual Audio CD – £39.95