In this program, Donald Altman, M.A., LPC, psychotherapist, former Buddhist monk, award-winning writer, and author of One-Minute Mindfulness will share his favourite One-Minute Mindfulness practices that can enhance your mindfulness work with clients. These easy-to-use practices are effective centring and stress-reduction strategies for working with mood disorders, anxiety, ADD, and PTSD. Donald will also explain how mindfulness recalibrates the brain by accessing the present moment.
Donald is the author of several highly acclaimed books, including The Mindfulness Code (selected, One of the Best Spiritual Books of 2010), Meal By Meal, Art of the Inner Meal, Living Kindness, and others.
- Use breathing as a powerful stress reduction method to counter anxiety
- Describe how to focus attention away from negative mood states by grounding awareness in the external world
- Explain a calming meditation for increasing concentration and shown to be helpful for ADD
- Create space from feelings of depression through affirmation and intention as a way to strengthen feelings of safety
- Use gratitude as a daily practice to create a new narrative and reduce depression
Power of “One-Minute Mindfulness”
One-Minute Mindfulness Promotes Emotional Regulation and changes the brain
De-Stress Your Inner Space
- Stress detox using the breath
- A grounding method for refocusing attention
- Deal with anxious thoughts and PTSD
- Enhance concentration
- Work with ADD
- Reduce stress
One-Minute Centering Intentions and Affirmations
- Strategies to reduce depression
- Strategies to increase feelings of safety
Gratitude for the Day
- A method to reduce depression
- Engage awareness
- Focus on the positive
Silence and Lessons from the Earth
- A powerful means of reconnecting with one’s:
- Inner wisdom
- Sense of peace
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Donald Altman, M.A., LPC, is a psychotherapist, award-winning writer, former Buddhist monk, and teacher and an adjunct professor at Lewis and Clark Graduate School of Education and Counselling. He is also a faculty member of the Interpersonal Neurobiology program at Portland State University and teaches various classes blending mindfulness and Interpersonal Neurobiology.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack CPD 1 hour – £29.95