Imago is a Couple’s Therapy that helps married/committed partners use their relationship to help each other co-heal childhood wounds and grow into their full potential. Here are just a few of many pertinent relationship issues that Harville will address:
- Why do we fall in love with the people that we do?
- What core issues do all couples face?
- How do you transform destructive conflict into creative tension?
- How do you work with the “difficult” couple?
- Is it ever too late to save a marriage?
- How do you help couples move from ineffective “communicating” to deep dialogue and restore connection and wholeness?
This 4 DVD Set seminar recording will introduce the basic theory and therapeutic processes of Imago Relationship Therapy and demonstrate its application to conflicted couples in committed partnerships. Attention will also be given to the implications of the relational paradigm for all forms of therapy.
- Describe the key difference between the relationship paradigm and the individual paradigm
- Demonstrate the Imago Dialogue Process
- Describe the difference between the role of an Imago therapist and a traditional therapist
- Discuss the concept of the Imago and the role it plays in partner selection
- Explain the outcomes of Dialogue
- Reframe the Power Struggle as growth trying to happen
Imago Relationship Therapy
- The Origins and Synthesis
- Relational vs. Individual Paradigms
- Why couples fight
The Goal of Therapy
- Monologue vs. Dialogue
- First Step: Mirroring
- Outcomes of Dialogue
Imago Workup (Written) Theory and Therapy of Couplehood
- Dyadic Structure of Nature
- Original vs. Actual Self
- Adaptations of Intrusion and Neglect
- Emotional Symbiosis
The Formation of the Imago & The Selection Process
- Three Steps (Mirroring, Validating, Empathizing)
- Flow of Felt Meaning
- Maintaining Empathy (Still Face Video)
Demonstration & Practice
- The New Role as Therapist
- Your Role as Therapist as Global Healer
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Harville Hendrix, Ph.D., is a clinical pastoral counsellor whose specialization in couples therapy led to the co-development with his wife Helen LaKelly Hunt, of Imago Relationship Therapy which is practiced in 30 countries by over 2000 Imago therapists. Dr. Hendrix’ work has been featured on Oprah 17 times. He has won many awards and an honorary degree. He and Helen live in NYC and NM and have six children and four grandchildren.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Worldwide.
Individual Training Pack CPD 7 hours – £153.00