Known for his storytelling, irreverent humour, clear and accessible style and his boundless enthusiasm for whatever he is doing. Bill O’Hanlon’s seminars are as entertaining as they are educational.
Bill O’Hanlon, one the world’s premier educators and psychotherapists, will teach you six hopeful and innovative approaches for helping people with depression. The latest research casts doubt on traditional explanations of depression. With the latest understanding in mind, Bill will show you an array of new approaches for the treatment of depression. These clinically proven approaches draw on respectful, strength-based models as well as the latest brain plasticity research.
Listen to this seminar recording and take home tools you can use immediately to help chronic and acute clients suffering from depression. The day will be filled with compassion, learning, fun and possibilities. Bill, who has suffered and recovered from depression, will utilize music, poetry, video clips and other multi-media elements to make this the very best seminar you have ever attended on depression.
- List new understandings of depression and its treatment.
- Implement six innovative strategies for relieving depression.
- Challenge prevailing models of treatment for depression.
- Explain the connection between brain growth and depression.
- Utilize at least three methods of orienting depressed people to a future with possibilities.
Walking Out of Depression
- A resource rather than problem orientation in treating depression
- Mapping depressed times and non-depressed times
- Finding any actions, thoughts, contexts that support non-depression or alleviation of depression
- Discovering which aspects of those non-depressed times can be deliberately recreated
- Inclusive therapy
- How to do a good depression
- Depression as a bad trance
- Discovering patterns of doing, viewing and context that support or lead to depression
- Challenging patterns of depression
- Finding moments of choice in relationship to depression
- Depression can be contagious: Be careful who you hang with
Shifting the Clients Relationship with Depression
- Mindfulness and depression
- Ridding yourself from the alien invader: Externalizing and mobilizing against depression
- Mining the value in depression
- Follow your wound: Using depression to initiate a major life direction shift
- Finding meaning and purpose through depression
- The 3 Cs of post-depression growth
Challenging Isolation and Restoring Connections as a Pathway to Recovery
- Connections as important healing and preventive elements
- The seven pathways to connection (or disconnection)
The Victor Frankl Strategy: Connecting with a Future with Possibilities
- The Victor Frankl Strategy Connecting to a future with meaning and hope
- Problems into preferences
- Creating positive expectancy
- Starting treatment from the future instead of the past or present
- A letter from the future
Re-Starting Brain Growth
- The neurogenic/neuroatrophy hypothesis and how to use it
- Brain plasticity and depression
- The crucial importance of movement in getting traction out of depression
- A shocking possibility for restarting brain growth in depression
Bonus: Living with others who are depressed
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Bill O'Hanlon, MS, LMFT, has authored or co-authored 31 books, the latest being Quick Steps to Resolving Trauma (W.W. Norton, 2010). He has published 59 articles or book chapters. His books have been translated into 16 languages. He has appeared on Oprah (with his book Do One Thing Different), The Today Show, and a variety of other television and radio programs.
For the past 30+ years, Bill has given over 2,000 talks around the world. He has been a top-rated presenter at many national conferences and was awarded the Outstanding Mental Health Educator of the Year in 2001 by the New England Educational Institute. He is a Licensed Mental Health Professional, Certified Professional Counsellor, and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. Bill is clinical member of AAMFT (and winner of the 2003 New Mexico AMFT Distinguished Service Award), certified by the National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists and a Fellow and a Board Member of the American Psychotherapy Association. Bill is known for his storytelling, irreverent humour, clear and accessible style and his boundless enthusiasm for whatever he is doing. His seminars are as entertaining as they are educational.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Worldwide.
Individual Training Pack CPD 6 hours – £153.00