The very latest knowledge of trauma and effective psychotherapy comes from our new understanding of neuroscience and its application in clinical settings. Join Louis Cozzolino, Ph.D., one of the nation’s leading authorities in neuroscience, and learn how you can apply this latest understanding in your work with traumatized clients.
In this seminar recording, Dr. Cozolino will provide you the very latest on trauma etiology, symptomatology, and treatment. You will learn:
- The evolution and development of the brain with a special focus on its vulnerabilities to stress and distress
- The after effects of trauma and it’s impact on daily functioning
- How to tie together this neuroscientific, clinical, and experiential information to construct a coherent approach to intervention
Dr. Cozolino is a therapist in private practice in Beverly Hills, California and a Harvard trained scholar who is a professor of psychology at Pepperdine University. A highly acclaimed author and trainer, this will be an invaluable recording that will change your perspective and your practice.
- Explain the parallels between the activity and interactions at the level of neurons and human beings
- Describe the mechanisms which translate early secure attachment into healthy adult experience
- Explain, from a neurological level, the effects of trauma at different stages and its impact on life functioning
- Describe how a safe and trusting relationship enhances the neurobiological processes that heal trauma
- Apply neuroscientifically-informed trauma treatment
The Evolution of the Social Brain
- The Suppression of Language and Lateral Dissociation
- The Power of Shame and the Tenacity of Fear
- The Speed of Unconscious Processing
The Impact of Trauma: Surpassing the Stimulus Barrier
- The Bias Toward Early Learning and Traumatic Learning
- The Damaging Effects of Stress Hormones
- “Simple” and Complex PTSD
- Intrusion, Avoidance and Arousal
Neuroscience and Trauma Treatment: Healing the Social Brain
- The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy
- The Power of Nurturing Relationships
- Attaining Moderate States of Arousal
- Integrating Affect and Cognition
Effective Trauma Intervention: Reintegration and Reconnection
- Reconnecting Dissociated Neural Systems
- Constructing a Coherent Narrative / The Heroic Journey to Wholeness
- EMDR, the Orienting Response, and the Reconsolidation of Memory
- PTSD and the Paranormal Experiences
- Emotional Contagion and the Traumatized Therapist
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Louis Cozolino, Ph.D., is Professor of Psychology at Pepperdine University and has a private practice in Beverly Hills, CA. He is the author of The Healthy Aging Brain, The Neuroscience of Human Relationships. The Neuroscience of Psychotherapy and The Making of a Therapist. Dr. Cozolino is an expert in neuroscience, social brain, stress and trauma. He has conducted research in the areas of schizophrenia, child abuse, the impact of stress, the biobehavioural sciences and psychotherapy. Dr. Cozolino holds a Ph.D. from UCLA and an M.T.S. from Harvard University.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 6 CPD Hours – £153.00