Dr. Stanley Hibbs passionately believes no one should need to suffer from anxiety disorders.
With that goal in mind, he created unique and practical applications, which he coined the Three C’s … Calm the Body, Correct the thinking, and Confront the fears. Dr. Hibb’s treatment is based on the latest innovations using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), mindfulness-based Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Meta-Cognitive Therapy.
Spend the day with Dr. Hibbs and bring home practical, easy to learn strategies that can be effective the very next day. You are guaranteed to end the day with proven strategies and practical techniques to motivate and encourage your anxious (and soon to be grateful) clients.
- Latest innovation in CBT, mindfulness-based ACT, Meta-Cognitive and Motivation Interviewing
- Make panic disorder a non-problem
- Release clients from social anxiety disorder
- Become more confident in treating OCD
- Surefire worry busters
- Techniques for adults, teens, kids
- Describe the “Three C’s” and how that model encourages, and motivates your clients to overcome their anxiety behaviours
- Summarize how to motivate anxious and reluctant clients
- Teach clients how to deal with panic disorder and make it a non-issue
- Apply techniques to overcome fear of flying and highway driving
- Implement practical approaches for overcoming social anxiety disorder
- Utilize appropriate clinical interventions to understand and overcome obsessive compulsive disorder
- Explain the latest innovations in CBT, mindfulness-based ACT and Meta-Cognitive anxiety treatments
Motivating Clients for Treatment
- “Payoff List”
- Motivational Interviewing
- The “Motivational Ruler”
- Calm Your Body
- Effective breathing techniques
- Relaxation & visualization
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- The New Twist: Mindful acceptance of arousal
- Correct Your Thinking
- Dead-ends of fortune-telling and catastrophic thinking
- Avoid common mental errors in anxiety
- Non-threatening ways to dispute negative thinking
- Uncovering dysfunctional core beliefs
- The New Twist: Meta-Cognitive Therapy: Focus on how you think
- Confront Your Fears
- Miss the avoidance trap
- Motivational Interviewing to encourage behavioural experiments
- Anxiety reframed: A prelude to growth
- The New Twist: Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT): Guiding the client to live their values
Treating Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Make it a non-problem
- Reframing physiological arousal
- Experimental method
- Panic Disorders On The Move
- Combating the fear of flying
- Overcome freeway phobia
- Social Anxiety
- “Mind Reading” is the core problem
- Change your client’s mission
- Tips to become a better conversationalist
- “Feared Fantasy” Technique
- General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Circle of influence vs. concern
- 3-step anti-worry technique
- DVD technique for worry
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- What is OCD exactly?
- Obsession busters
- Exposure & Response Prevention (ERP)
- Scared Kids: Adapting these techniques for kids & teens
- Kid-friendly language
- Talking back to the fear bully
- Helping parents help their kids
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
A passion for treating anxiety has focused Stanley Hibbs, Ph.D. on a mission ... that no one should suffer with anxiety disorders. Over his 30-year career he has successfully treated thousands of clients with anxiety, using his easy-to-understand explanations and techniques that quickly fuel the road to recovery. Dr. Hibbs has taught his unique anxiety treatment strategies to more than 2,000 mental health professionals. To make the basic principles of anxiety recovery available to as many people as possible, he has written a self-help book, Anxiety Gone: The Three C's of Anxiety Recovery.(Dare 2 Dream, 2007).
A licensed clinical psychologist in Georgia, Dr. Hibbs maintains a robust private practice that specializes in anxiety treatment. Prior to private practice, he worked at a community mental health centre and drug treatment program for teens, and taught at several colleges. Dr. Hibbs was a regular guest on the daily radio show, "Marriage & Family Today." He is also a trained life coach, and shares life-changing steps in his book, Consider It Done: Ten Prescriptions for Finishing What You Start.
Clinicians rave about Dr. Hibbs' down-to-earth, easy to learn style, and his seminars consistently earn the highest ratings for tangible takeaways. You are guaranteed to end the day with proven strategies and practical techniques to motivate and encourage your anxious (and soon to be grateful) clients.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 6 CPD Hours – £153.00