Join internationally recognized expert and author in the treatment of anxiety disorders, Reid Wilson, Ph.D., for this cutting-edge seminar. You will learn how to become a strategic therapist when working with worry, GAD, fear, panic, social anxiety, phobias and OCD by implementing cognitive strategies, paradox, pattern disruption, exposure and interoceptive exposure. Learn effective treatments that will confront your client’s anxiety and challenge their beliefs and attitudes.
Dr. Wilson has over 20 years of fulltime experience as a specialist in anxiety disorder treatment. He has a dynamic teaching style, interspersed with humor and utilizes fresh case examples to maximize your learning and to illustrate interventions and the process of change.
- Teach your client six or more techniques for controlling anxiety-provoking worries
- List four methods for generating alternative perspectives
- Detail how to modify the habituation model to accelerate progress
- Explain how to shift clients’ orientation from defense to offense
- List five types of interceptive exposure that can be conducted in the treatment office
- Identify how to persuade OCD clients to engage in provocative homework assignments
Worry & how to fix it
- The worrier’s response to a feared stimulus
- The 3 targets of treatment for GAD
- Training the parasympathetic
- Altering perception
- Stepping toward the threat
- Changing signals into noise
How to be a strategic therapist
- Getting things done briefly
- Using the power of paradox to train the amygdala
- A new, efficient way to create habituation
Job #1: Move your clients from defense to offense
- Why provoking symptoms is better therapy than tolerating them
- Convincing clients to seek out anxiety & encourage symptoms
Provocative treatment of panic disorder
- How to do interoceptive exposure
- 10 groups of safety crutches & the ways to drop them
- Talking to panic: Teaching the 3-step formula
- Persuading panic clients to provoke distress
Strategic treatment of OCD
- Conducting exposure sessions without the hierarchies
- 4 primary manipulations of obsessions
- 9 characteristics of rituals and how to disrupt them
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Reid Wilson, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist who directs the Anxiety Disorders Treatment Center in Chapel Hill and Durham, NC. He is also Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychiatry at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine. He is author of the just released Stopping the Noise in Your Head: The New Way to Overcome Anxiety and Worry and the classic self-help book Don’t Panic: Taking Control of Anxiety Attacks. He is co-author of Stop Obsessing! How to Overcome Your Obsessions and Compulsions, as well as Anxious Kids, Anxious Parents: 7 Ways to Stop the Worry Cycle and Raise Courageous & Independent Children.
Dr. Wilson is a Founding Clinical Fellow of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) and Fellow of the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT). In 2014, he was honored with the ADAA’s Jerilyn Ross Clinician Advocate Award – the highest national award in his field. He designed and served as lead psychologist for American Airlines’ first national program for the fearful flier and currently serves as the expert for WebMD’s Panic and Anxiety Community.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 6 CPD Hours – £153.95