Shame often prevents your traumatized clients’ recovery and hampers their ability to find relief and perspective despite effective treatment. Feelings of worthlessness and inadequacy interfere with taking in positive experiences, leaving only hopelessness. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn effective experiential exercises drawn from Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, from internationally renowned trauma professional Janina Fisher, Ph.D. Dr. Fisher will show you how to help clients relate to their symptoms with mindful dual awareness and curiosity rather than automatic acceptance. If you are frustrated with the lack of treatment success in your traumatized clients, this recording will provide the solutions for long-term healing.
Despite your best efforts, unshakeable feelings of shame and self-hatred often undermine treatment: your clients repeatedly take two steps forward, then one step back. In this recording you will understand shame from a neurobiological perspective-as a survival strategy driving somatic responses of automatic obedience and total submission-enforced by the client’s punitive introspection.
Watch this recording and learn to integrate traditional psychodynamic and cognitive-behavioral techniques with Sensorimotor interventions that emphasize posture, movement and gesture. With these new techniques, issues of shame can become an avenue to transformation rather than a source of stuckness.
- Evaluate the effects of shame and self-loathing symptoms and identify how these symptoms inform treatment interventions.
- Determine the impact of the neurobiological effects of shame as it relates to clinical practice.
- Evaluate cognitive schemas and its clinical implications.
- Articulate the foundation of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy as it relates to clinical treatment.
- Apply simple yet effective clinical interventions drawn from Sensorimotor Psychotherapy to alleviate symptoms in clients.
- Utilize clinical techniques, such as, memory processing, cognitive-behavioral and ego state as related to clinical treatment.
The Neurobiology of Shame
- The role of shame in traumatic experience
- Shame as an animal defense survival response
- Effects of shame on autonomic arousal
- Why shame can be treatment-resistant
Shame and Attachment: Its Evolutionary Purpose
- Shame and the attachment system
- Rupture and repair in attachment formation
- What happens to shame without interpersonal repair
The Meaning of Shame in the Treatment of Trauma
- Disgust, degradation, and humiliation
- Cognitive schemas that exacerbate shame
- Internal working models
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy: Physiological state as the entry point for treatment
- Regulating shame states with somatic interventions
- Using mindfulness-based techniques to inhibit self-judgment
Healing Shame: Acceptance and Compassion
- Re-contextualizing shame as a younger self or part
- Dual awareness of who we are now and who we were then
- Getting to know our “selves”
- Bringing our adult capacity to our childhood vulnerability
This is an individual version for private use only. (What is it?)
By adding this individual version in your basket you are agreeing that this DVD and any other Individual Version DVD purchased at Psychotherapydvds.com will be used for personal viewing only, and not for teaching, training, group viewing or any institutional use.
To buy Organisational Version of this training pack licensed for use with groups or at training events go to: Organisational Version of this product page
Janina Fisher, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist and instructor at the Trauma Center, founded by Bessel van der Kolk, MD. A faculty member of the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute, an EMDR International Association consultant, past president of the New England Society for the Treatment of Trauma and Dissociation, and former instructor, Harvard Medical School, Dr. Fisher lectures nationally and internationally on the integration of the neurobiological research and new trauma treatment paradigms into traditional psychotherapies.
Dispatched from United Kingdom. International delivery available: Europe.
Individual Training Pack 6 CPD Hours – £153.00